BioM: Sims, Mary
Surnames: MOERKE SIMS
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 02/02/1899
Sims, Mary (1 FEB 1899)
Married, at the residence of R.B. Salter in this city (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.), Wednesday evening, Feb. 1st, 1899, Mr. Adolph W. Moerke and Miss Mary Sims, of this city, Rev. Alfred S. Badger of Stevens Point, officiating.
Adolph Moerke was agent for the Wis. Central Co. at this place for about three years, and at that time formed a strong and sincere friendship with the citizens and businessmen of the city. For the past year he has been in the employ of Fred W. Upham, having learned to scale and grade lumber, and as usual is making a success of the business.
Miss Sims has made her home in this city since her childhood, having been a student of the high school and graduate from that school with the class of 1891, after which she taught a couple of years in the city school at Onalaska, taught one year in this city, and in each place gave entire satisfaction to the patrons of the school. She has always been a favorite among the young people, and her friends are only limited by the number of her acquaintances.
No young couple has ever launched their craft upon the matrimonial sea, followed by heartier or stronger wishes for future happiness and prosperity, than those which follow Adolph and Mamie.
After the ceremony there was a short interval for congratulations and social converse, when a luncheon was served, and shortly after the happy couple, accompanied by Mr. Badger, Mr. and Mrs. Edgar Moerke and a few other friends, were driven to Abbotsford, where they took the limited for Milwaukee, to spend their honeymoon in visiting and sightseeing. They will be at home, at 517 Ellis St., Stevens Point, after Feb. 15th.
The Phonograph extends hearty congratulations to this happy young couple, may their pathway through life be strewn with the roses of happiness and may prosperity always attend them.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs