Clara (1892 - 1961)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Clouse, Ganz, Wittlinger, Lakosky, Hardrath, Bauer, Miller, Songstad, Lang, Becker, Ayres
----Sources: Scrap book three: by Gertrude Wittlinger Becker
Contributed by Halbert "Bud" Hardrath
Clouse, Clara (18 Nov. 1892 - 1961)
Loyal - Mrs. Fred Clouse, 69, town of Beaver, died at 10:30 a.m. Thursday morning at Memorial Hospital in Neillsville, Wis. She had been in ill health the past three weeks.
Funeral services will be held at 3 p.m. Saturday at Trinity Lutheran Church. The Rev. V. A. Ganz will officiate and burial will be made in Pine Grove Cemetery.
The body will repose at the Myre Funeral Home from this afternoon until noon Saturday, when it will be taken to the church.
The former Clara Wittlinger was born Nov. 18, 1892 in the town of Dale near New London. She came to Riplinger at the age of nine with her parents and lived there until her marriage to Fred Clouse on Sept. 29, 1909. The couple settled on a farm in the Loyal area and lived there until there retirement in 1942 when they moved to their present home in the town of Day.
She was a member of the Women’s Society and Aid of Trinity Lutheran Church and of the Loyal Garden Club.
She is survived by her husband, five sons, Hugh, Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Allan, Waukesha; Glen, Loyal; Alvin, Des Moines, Iowa and James, Gadsden, Ala.; two daughters, Mrs. Clarence (Maybelle) Lakosky, Ojus, Fla.; and Mrs. Alden (Ethel) Hardrath, Owen; 18 grandchildren; 7 great-grandchildren; six sisters, Mrs. George (Lena) Bauer, Wisconsin Rapids; Mrs. Nada Miller and Mrs. Milton (Lula) Songstad, Milwaukee; Mrs. Julius (Viola) Lang, and Mrs. Otto (Gertrude) Becker, Owen and Mrs. Walter (Esther) Ayres, Spence and a brother, Charles Wittlinger.
She was preceded in death by three sons, a daughter, and a brother.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs