Obit: Hasz, Emma
(1871 - 1935)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Hasz, Giffert, Glasser, Koldeway, Peters
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 18 April 1935
Hasz, Emma (5 March 1871 - 13 April 1935)
This whole community was greatly grieved Sunday morning when word came that Mrs. Emma Giffert Hasz, formerly of Granton, and well known by the whole community had passed away at a hospital at Seymour, Ind., Saturday night, April 13, 1935, with heart complications.
Mrs. Hasz had reached the age of 64 years. She was born in Reedsburg, March 5, 1871, where she was baptized and confirmed in the Lutheran faith there. She was united in marriage Sept. 14, 1898, to Rev. Martin Hasz. They moved to Granton in 1912 where he was pastor in the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, Granton, for 13 years. In 1925, he had a call from Luxemburg, so they moved there where he was pastor until his death in 1929.
To this union 10 children were born. After his death she lived with a daughter, Mrs. Gilbert Glasser, in Milwaukee. In 1934 she moved to Seymour, Ind., and lived with her sons, Rev. Gerhardt Hasz, and Armin until her death.
Surviving are the following children: Rev. Gerhardt Hasz and Armin Hasz of Seymour, Ind., Rev. Nicholas Hasz, Oklahoma; Richard Hasz, Springfield, Ill.; Martin Hasz, of Boston, Mass.; Ruth (Mrs. Gilbert Glasser), and Elmer of Milwaukee; Lydia, (Mrs. Gerhardt Koldeway), Fort Wayne, Ind.; Clara (Mrs. Paul Peters), Luxenburg. One daughter, Hannah, preceded her in death in 1932. Eight grandchildren also survive as well as one brother and four sisters and many other relatives and friends.
Funeral services will be held Wednesday afternoon at Luxenburg, St. Paul Lutheran Church. Interment beside her husband and daughter.
The deepest sympathy of the community goes to the bereaved ones.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs