Ernestine (1854 - 1935)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Bohnsack, Gritzmacher, Pohlman, Shanks, Kroll, Zickert, Brown, Hrach, Loberg, Shaw, Clouse
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 20 June 1935
Bohnsack, Ernestine (1854 - 10 June 1935)
Mrs. Ernestine Bohnsack, a pioneer resident of the Town of Weston, passed away at the home of her son, William, June 10, at 2 p.m., age 80 years, six months and three days.
Deceased whose maiden name was Ernestine Gritzmacher, was born in Germany in 1854. She came to this country with her parents in 1964, settling in Jefferson County where she grew to womanhood. In 1872 she was married to Christ Bohnsack, whose death occurred seven years ago. Thirty-two years ago they moved to Clark County. To this union were born four sons, two of them, Julius and William, both of the Town of Weston, survive. Edward and Henry preceded her in death. Also surviving are one sister, Mrs. Pohlman of London, Wis.; a brother, August Gritzmacher of Lake Mills and six grandchildren.
Mrs. Bohnsack has been an invalid for 16 years and has been confined to her bed for the past 14 years. But through all her years of suffering, she has never forgotten her early Christian training. During the past 14 years of her illness she seemed to get great comfort out of prayer and as she neared the end she devoted herself to prayer and passed away satisfied and contented that she was to meet her keeper.
Funeral arrangements were held with prayer service at home of her son in the Town of Weston at 2 p.m. followed by services at the M. E. Church in Neillsville, Wis. Burial was made in the Neillsville Cemetery, Rev. Glen Shanks officiating. Pallbearers were C. C. Kroll, Frank Zickert, Lew Brown, Frank Hrach, Erick Loberg, and Linwood Shaw.
Miss Gertrude Clouse sang several solos.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs