Ernest B. (1888 - 1974)
Contact: Dolores (Mohr) Kenyon
Surnames: Campbell, Candal, Wilson, Anderegg, Kaudy, Boon, Vine, Boech, Hein, Ayers
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, WI) November 7, 1974
Campbell, Ernest B. (July 27, 1888 - October 30, 1974)
Ernest B Campbell of Neillsville, a longtime county resident, died Wednesday, October 30, 1974, at the age of 86.
Ernest was born on July 27, 1888, to Harvey and Sarah (Candal) Campbell, at Oconomowoc and was educated in schools there and in Clark County. He worked on farms as a young man. On April 12, 1916, he was married to Helen Wilson, who preceded him in death on May 25, 1969.
The couple farmed in the Town of Weston until 1932, when they moved to Neillsville, Wis. Mr. Campbell worked for the Hauge Floral Company for a number of years and in later years worked for the city. He retired at the age of 65.
Surviving him are four children, George Campbell of Neillsville, Gordon Campbell address unknown, Florence (Robert) Anderegg of Germantown and Edward Campbell of Clyde, TX; 12 grandchildren and 16 great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Saturday afternoon from the Georgas Funeral Home with the Rev. William Noble of the United Methodist Church officiating. Interment was in the Neillsville City Cemetery. Wilfred Galstad sang "Abide with Me" and "Rock of Ages" with Mrs. Roger Heineck as the accompanist.
Pallbearers were Hugh Howard, Fred Haut, Ronald Noah, William Weast, Leon Metcalf and Ed Zank.
Among those who attended the services were the following from out of town; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Anderegg, Germantown; Mr. and Mrs. Robert Vine, Chicago, IL; Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Boech and sons, Sussex; Mr. and Mrs. Louis Kaudy, Mrs. Edward Anderegg, Mrs. Gerald Anderegg and Clayton Boon, Greenwood; Mr. and Mrs. Laverne Hein, Spencer; Mrs. Donald Ayers, Solon Springs.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs