BioM: Pischer, Eda
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Pischer, Siegert, Abel, Kasech, Woodward, Brauer, Larsen, Keuer, Gluch
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 10 Oct. 1935
Pischer, Eda Helen (Marriage - 5 Oct. 1935)
Miss Eda Helen Pischer, daughter of Mrs. Amelia Pischer, 1707 West 95th Street, Chicago, was married Oct. 5 at 4 p.m., in the Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church, Chicago, to Herbert Siegert, son of Mrs. Pauline Siegert, Chicago. The ceremony was performed by Rev. Carl Abel.
The church was decorated with white chrysanthemums for the bride and yellow for the bridesmaids. "Lohengrin’s Wedding March" was played by Edward Kasech and vocal numbers, "The Good Shepherd" and "Because," were rendered.
The maid of honor was Miss Edna Pischer, sister of the bride and other maids were Mrs. Hilda Woodward, sister of the bride, and Mrs. Irma Brauser, sister of the bridegroom. Carole Widule was flower girl. The bride was givenin marriage by her oldest brother, Oswald Pischer, and Walter Siegert, Dubuque, Iowa, brother of the bridegroom, was best man. Other attendants were Al Siegert and Edward Larsen.
The bride wore a gown of white satin with long lace trimmed veil and carried white chrysanthemums, while Miss Edna Pischer was attired in rust changeable taffeta, and the bridesmaids wore gray changeable taffeta.
A wedding supper was served at the home of the bride’s mother, 75 guests being present.
The couple will be at home at 1250 West 97 Place, Chicago.
The bride has many friends here, having attended St. John’s Lutheran School. She has been employed recently as waitress in Child’s restaurant in Chicago.
Those from Neillsville who attended were Mrs. Harold Pischer and son, Marvin; and Mr. and Mrs. Oswald Pischer and daughter Viola and son Harvey; Roy Keuer, Mr. and Mrs. Dan Gluch, Mr. and Mrs. Rolland Gluch and daughter Virginia all of Granton and Alvin Pischer and daughter Hazel, of Loyal.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs