Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Schaefer, Struppe, Brudcker, Franzel, Brumm, Kunce, Allaich
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 24 Oct. 1935
Schaefer, Helen (Marriage - 19 Oct. 1935)
A beautiful autumn wedding took place at Slinger, Wis., Oct. 19 at 9 o’clock at St. Peter’s Catholic Church when Miss Helen Schaefer became the bride of Mr. Arnold Strupp, Rev. F. Brudcker officiating. Miss Schaefer is the daughter of Mrs. Jake Schaefer of Neillsville, Wis. She attended the York Center School and Neillsville High School and has been employed the past year in the Slinger Pharmacy at Slinger by E. J. Franzel. She is a very charming young lady and well liked by all who know her.
Mr. Struppe is the son of Mr. and Mrs John Struppe, Hartford. He is a graduate of St. Lawrence Catholic School and is a fine young man well spoken of by his many friends.
The bride was beautifully dressed in a wine colored transparent velvet with accessories to match and carried a large bouquet of yellow chrysanthemums. The couple was attended by Miss Marie Kunce as maid of honor, cousin of the bride, Neillsville, and Mr. Joseph Brumm, Hartford, a friend of the groom. Miss Kunce wore a lovely gown of wine crepe satin and accessories to match and carried a bouquet of yellow chrysanthemums.
A wedding dinner was given at the home of the groom’s parents to 50 guests, among them being Rev. F. Brudcker, Slinger, and Rev. Father Allaich, St. Lawrence, Wis. The home was beautifully decorated for the occasion in yellow and white.
They left on a trip to Neillsville, where a reception was given by Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Schaefer and Miss Frances Schaefer. The home was nicely decorated in orange, green and white. They were given a charivari by a large crowd of neighbors. All kinds of instruments being in evidence for an occasion of that kind.
They expect to be home to their many friends after Oct. 29 on the **rest cut off.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs