Henning D. (1853 - 1935)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Peterson, Matson, Jepsen, Belter, Longenecker, Birkeness, Kirsch, Staffon, Nelson, Marx, Schoengarth, Scott, Franson
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 12 Dec. 1935
Peterson, Henning D. (25 March 1853 - 5 Dec. 1935)
Henning D. Peterson was born in Hamburg, Germany, March 25, 1853. Here as a young man he learned the trade of cabinet maker.
On June 16, 1883 he came to America. He was married to Christine Matson in Chicago on August 25, 1883. He lived in Chicago until 1901, when he moved to Pittsville, Wisconsin, and in 1903 he moved from there to Wisconsin Rapids. For several years past he has made his home with his daughter, Mrs. H. Jepsen at Pray, where he passed away on Dec. 5th. He died suddenly after a brief illness with what seemed to be a slight cold.
Mr. Peterson is survived by his wife and three children, Chris Peterson of Minneapolis; Mrs. Herman Belter of Wausau, Wis.; and Mrs. Helger Jepsen, of Pray, Wis. He also leaves fourteen grandchildren.
A large number of relatives and friends attended the funeral and there were many beautiful floral tributes to the esteem in which he was held.
He was buried from the home of Mr. Helger Jepsen on Sunday afternoon, Dec. 8th, Rev. G. W. Longenecker of Neillsville conducting the service. Interment was made in the cemetery at City Point.
Those attending the funeral from away were Mr.and Mrs. Herman Belter and children of Wausau, Mr. and Mrs. Chris Peterson of Minneapolis, Mr. and Mrs. Andrew Peterson and son James of Pittsville, Mr. and Mrs. Harry Birkeness of Merrillan, and Mr. and Mrs. Ray Kirsch of Milwaukee.
The pallbearers were Chris Jepsen, Andrew Jepsen, Tony Staffon, Ferd Nelson, Martin Franson and William Marx.
The music was furnished by Mrs. Oscar Schoengarth and Mrs. Walter Beilfus accompanied by Mrs. Jess Scott.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs