Dorothie M. (1935)
Contact: Audrey Roedel
Surnames: THOMAS TRINDAL
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 07 November 1935
Thomas, Dorothie M. (31 OCT 1935)
Miss Dorothie M. Thomas and William W. Trindal were united in marriage Thursday noon, October 31, 1935 at the Methodist parsonage in Loyal, Rev. A. N. Chapman officiating. Mr. and Mrs. Raymond Neuman, intimate friends of Mr. Trindal, were their attendants.
The blond beauty of the bride was accentuated by her lovely tunic dress of aquamarine crepe, a shoulder corsage being her only ornament. Mrs. Neuman wore black crepe and a shoulder corsage.
The wedding dinner was served at the home of the groom’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. O. W. Trindal, all of which, including the bride’s cake, was prepared and served by the loving hands of the mother in honor of her only son and the bride of his choice.
The happy couple left immediately for Kansas City, Missouri to visit the bride’s family and will be gone about a week. Upon their return they will go to housekeeping in the former Tony Loppnow house which is completely furnished awaiting its master and mistress.
Mrs. Trindal is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. L. N. Thomas of Kansas City, Mo., and also a niece of Mr. and Mrs. D. A. Thomas of Loyal. She is a graduate of a Kansas City High School and took a course in beauty culture but most of her life has been spent in the comfortable home of her parents, where a wise mother has so trained her daughter in the housewifely accomplishments that will be a worthy helpmate and she will be able to "Looketh well to the ways of her household." In her frequent visits to Loyal she has made many friends by her quiet unassuming ways.
"Billy" as he is known by everyone in Loyal is the only son of Mr. and Mrs. O. W. Trindal and has lived in Loyal ever since he was nine years old. After graduating from High School in the class of ’32 he worked in his father’s elevator and took a business course of one year at Whitewater and Stevens Point Teachers College. His father then gave him the position of salesman for his elevators at Loyal, Spencer and Granton in which responsible position he has made good. In spite of the fact that he went way out "where the tall corn grows" to find a life companion their many friends welcome them to Loyal and wish them happiness and prosperity now and many many years after the raven locks of the groom and golden ones of the bride have turned to silver.
Stevens Point , Wisconsin Central State Teachers' College
In 1927 Stevens Point Normal School became Central State Teachers College and began offering four-year teaching degrees. When post-World War II enrollment became less centered on teacher training and more focused on liberal arts education, the Wisconsin State Legislature intervened, elevating the school to a Wisconsin State College with the authority to grant bachelor's degrees in liberal arts.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs