Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: EDWARDS SHANKS CALNAN
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 21 November 1935
Edwards, Margaret (7 NOV 1935)
Miss Margaret Edwards, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. John Edwards, Loyal became the bride of the Rev. Glen Shanks, pastor of the Mt. Hope Methodist Church at high noon, Nov. 7th. The ceremony was performed in Hamline M. E. Church, St. Paul, Bishop J. Ralph Magee officiating.
Miss Edwards was attired in a blue transparent velvet gown, ankle length and carried a bouquet of roses and chrysanthemums.
Her attendant was Miss Genevieve Calnan of Chicago. Miss Calnan wore Black satin, her gown also being ankle length. She also carried roses and chrysanthemums.
The Rev. Harold Mckinnin, St. Paul, acted as best man.
Covers were laid for twelve at the Commodore Hotel where dinner was served after the ceremony. Mrs. Obert Vall, wife of the Hudson M. E. Minister furnished a beautifully decorated bridal cake; finished with a wreath of tea roses around its base. The table decorations were roses and chrysanthemums.
The bride’s mother, Mrs. J. Edwards was among the guests.
The bride is an alumna of the Loyal High School and graduated from Waushara County Normal school in 1932. She is one of Clark County’s successful teachers. Immediately after her graduation she started her teaching career in the Sunny Knoll school north of Loyal and was beginning her fourth year’s work there when she resigned to become a pastor’s wife.
The Rev. Shanks is the son of H. Shanks of Los Angeles, Calif. He is a graduate of the Garrett Biblical Institute, Chicago and for the past two years has been Pastor of the Grace Methodist Church, Greenwood, and while there made many real friends.
We extend our congratulations and best wishes to Rev. and Mrs. Shanks and hope for them much joy in their life of service for others.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs