Susana (1869 - 1936)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: GERHARD WELSH SCHULTZ KRULL
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 19 March 1936
Welsh, Susana (6 APR 1869 - 12 MAR 1936)
Susana Gerhard was born in Appleton April 6, 1869 and was called by death March 12, 1936 at the age of 66 years, 11 months and 6 days. Her death occurred in the Le Gault hospital where she was a patient.
She came to Loyal with her parents as a small child and after living here for several years returned to Appleton. She was married to Grant Welsh April 6, 1902 and since has always made her home in Loyal.
Mrs. Welsh became a member of the Lutheran Church at an early age and remained faithful to its doctrines until death. She was a member of its Ladies Aid and Missionary Society and took an active interest in the work.
She will be sadly missed in the home she has left, in the neighborhood where she lived so many years, in the church she loved so dearly, and in many other places. The large crowd in attendance at her funeral proved the esteem in which she was held.
The funeral services were conducted by Rev. H. F. Leschensky at the Lutheran Church at 2 P.M. Monday. During the services Mrs. Ed Schaeffner sang a comforting solo.
Mrs. Welsh was laid to rest in the Pine Grove Cemetery. She is survived by her husband, three sons, Howard of New York, Lawrence and Irvin of Loyal; two sisters Mrs. Minnie Schultz and Mrs. Henry Krull, Appleton.
Pall bearers were August Witt, Frank Luchterhand, Joe Vogel, Albert Davel, Chas. Rahm, and Wm. Loppnow.
The flowers were in charge of Mrs. Gerald Brasier, Mrs. Joe Vogel, and Mrs. Owen Smith, Those from out of town who came to attend the funeral were: Mr. and Mrs. Chas. Holtz, Mr. and Mrs. Hartsworns, Mrs. Fred Schultz, daughter Myrtle and son Harold, Mrs. Henry Krull and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Alvin Schultz, and Mr. Leslie Finkle, all of Appleton and Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Imislund of Eau Claire.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs