Herman (1871 - 1911)
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 03/02/1911
Zillmann, Herman (3 MAY 1871 - 25 FEB 1911)
Herman Zillmann, senior member of the hardware firm of Zillmann Bros., and one of the city’s best businessmen, died very suddenly at his home in this city (Colby, Clark Co., Wis.), between the hours of nine and ten o’clock Tuesday morning, Feb. 25th, 1911, being confined to his home only one day. A dark gloom spread over the whole city when his death was announced, for Herman was universally liked by all. He had not been feeling well for the past two weeks, yet attended to business right along and was out around all day Sunday. His illness that terminated so suddenly commenced Sunday night.
Hermann Phillip Zillmann was born at Rockville, town of Schleswig, Manitiowoc Co., Wis., May 3rd, 1871, and resided there in that county until 1899, when he came to Colby to take an active part in the management of the hardware business, purchased from Adam Kuentz, and continued at the head of the firm up to his death, with his brothers, building up a business in hardware and machinery equal to that of any store in much larger cities. He leaves to mourn his early death five brothers and one sister. They are George Zillmann of Thorp; William and Alfred of Kiel; Miss Anna, Edwin and Richard of this city.
Short funeral services, conduce by Rev. J. Bizer, were held from the residence this morning, and the remains taken on the 8:30 passenger to Kiel, accompanied by George, Miss Anna, Edwin and Richard Zillmann, where services will be held. The interment will be in the Rockville Cemetery.
Herman Zillman died of "Fatty degeneration of the heart." He was the son of William & Cathrine (Roupke) Zillman, both natives of Germany.
----Sources: Clark Co., WI Courthouse Records, Vol. 5, pg. 974.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs