Caroline (1868 - 1911)
Surnames: MARQUARDT EGGEBRECHT REEG PETRI SHAFER
----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 09/14/1911
Marquardt, Caroline (10 MAY 1868 - 10 SEP 1911)
Mrs. Caroline Marquardt, wife of Martin Marquardt, of the town of Wein, Marathon Co., Wis., died at the farm home of her sister, Mrs. Wm. Marquardt, near Wausau, Sunday evening, Sept. 10th, 1911, after an illness of three months, aged 43 years and 4 months. Lena, as she was familiarly known by all, was taken to St. Mary’s Hospital at Wausau, about three months ago, and operated for tumor, but at the same time the doctors discovered other complication which made her ultimate recovery impossible. As soon as able she was removed to the home of her sister where she received the very best of attention until death came to relieve her patient suffering.
Caroline Eggebrecht was born to Mr. and Mrs. Fred Eggebrecht on a farm near Appleton, May 10th, 1868; the family moved there three years later, to the town of Wein, Marathon Co., in which town she continued to reside until her death. She was united in marriage April 28th, 1892, to Martin Marquardt, who, with seven children, Lula, Delma, Caroline, Karl, Minnie, Alma and Willie, survive to mourn the death of an ideal wife and mother. Besides the immediate family, she leaves two brothers and five sisters, Mrs. Joel J. Shafer, Colby, John and Henry Eggebrecht, Mrs. Fred Reeg, Mrs. Wm. Petri, town of Frankfort; Mrs. Henry Marquardt and Mrs. Wm. Marquardt, Wausau; uncles and aunts, cousins and host of friends to cherish her memory.
Gone from out sight, but because life and love are stronger than death, she is ours still. She is still the mother of the dear children, upon whom she doted with such clinging fondness, and the companion still of him who mourns earth’s greatest loss, and may she not by this very transition wield over them a stronger force for goodness and truth than before.
On Wednesday afternoon the last tribute to all that was mortal was paid, and her body returned to the earth in the Wein Cemetery. The obsequies were held from the Lutheran Church, and were conducted by Rev. F.A. Schiemann, who rendered the beautiful Lutheran burial service and spoke words of tender consolation. The attendance was very large and the floral offerings beautiful and abundant.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.