Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Kuepper, Wood, Baumann, Sievert, Miller, May, Evanson, Schimelpfenig, Amundson
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 11 June 1936
Kuepper, Lorraine (Marriage - 6 June 1936)
St. John’s Lutheran Church was the scene of a pretty June wedding Saturday afternoon, June 6, 1936, when Mr. William Wood of Augusta and Miss Lorraine Kueper of Neillsville, were united in marriage. Rev. Wm. A. Baumann officiated the double ring ceremony being used.
The church was prettily decorated with ferns and white and pink roses.
Mendelsson’s wedding march was played by Erich Sievert. A large number of guests wee present. The bride was attended by her sisters, Miss Jean Kuepper and Miss Florence Miller her foster sister. The groom’s attendants were Lester May, acting as best man and Orville Evanson, both of Neillsville, Wis.
The bride was gowned in pink starched chiffon and carried a bouquet of white roses and baby breath. Miss Jean Kuepper, wore blue organdie and Miss Miller was dressed in pink organdie.
After the ceremony a beautiful wedding dinner was served at the home of the bride’s parerents Mr. and Mrs. Otto Miller at their farm home in Pine Valley, at which 28 guests, relatives and close friends were in attendance.
At this home the bride grew to womanhood, graduated from St. John’s Lutheran school and has since been employed in housework. She is a capable young lady and has a host of friends among our young people.
The groom’s parents are Mr. and Mrs. Schimelpfenig, of Augusta. He graduated from Austin high school, Chicago, Ill., in June 1931, and has since worked at the printer’s trade. He is now employed in Mr. Amundson’s printing office in Augusta. His acquaintance here is limited but he is highly spoken of by all who know him and is a young man of fine appearances.
The young couple will make their home at Augusta.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs