Obit: Podevels, Ruth
Esther #2 (1928 – 1975)
Surnames: Podevels, Ault, Seefeldt, Miller, , Seefeld, Gehrke, Mellenthin, Toltzman, Neitzel, Krohn, Brown, Krampien, Martin
----Source: Tribune/Record/Gleaner (Loyal, Wis.) 09 Jan 1975
Podevels, Ruth Esther (12 SEP 1928 – 4 JAN 1975)
Mrs. Arvin (Ruth) Podevels, 46, R. 1, Spencer, died shortly before 11:30 a.m. on Saturday, January 4, 1975, at her home. Cause of death was an apparent heart attack.
Funeral services were held at 2:00 p.m. Tuesday, January 7 at St. John's Lutheran Church, North Spencer, with burial taking place in St. John's Lutheran Cemetery. The Rev. David J. Ault was the officiating clergyman.
Pallbearers were Ronald Seefeldt, John Miller Jr., Virgil Seefeld, Russell Gehrke, Wilbur Mellenthin, and Delmar Toltzman.
Mrs. Marsha Martin was organist.
The former Ruth Esther Neitzel was born September 12, 1928 in the Town of Frankfort, Marathon County, Wisconsin, and received her education in Edgar area schools, Abbotsford High School, and attended college at Menomonie Wisconsin for two years.
Shew as married on August 14, 1948 at St. John's Lutheran Church, Town of Wien, Marathon Co. to Arvin Podevels, who survives her. They farmed in the Edgar area for four years after their marriage, moving to their present farm, and resided there until her death. She had served as President of the congregation's LWML, and was president and then vice-president of the Zone LWML. She taught Sunday school and was a member of the Ladies Aid.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by one son, James, at home, and one daughter, Mrs. Dennis (Lois) Krohn, Janesville, Wisconsin, her mother, Mrs. Esther Neitzel, Edgar, and two sisters, Mrs. Oral (Myrtle) Brown, Phoenix, Arizona, and Mrs. John (Carol) Krampien, Edgar.
She was preceded in death by her father and a brother.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs