Stella (1913 - 2006)
Contact: Leon G, Konieczny
Surnames: Kokaly, Symbal, Vitort, Masik
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald, April 23, 2006.
Kokaly, Stella (March 6, 1913 - April 20, 2006)
Stella Kokaly, 93, of Thorp died April 20, 2006, at Our Lady of Victory Hospital in Stanley.
Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Monday at St. Bernard-St. Hedwig's Catholic Church in Thorp with the Rev. Keith Apfelbeck officiating. Burial will follow in Riverside Cemetery in Withee. Stella's grandchildren will serve as pallbearers.
Visitation will be held from 9:30 a.m. until time of service at the church. Thorp Funeral Home is assisting the family with arrangements.
She was born March 6, 1913, in Stanley to Josef and Anastasia (Symbal) Vitort and was educated at area schools. After receiving her education, she was united in marriage to Michael Masik for 17 years until his death in 1954. She was later united in marriage to Rudolph Kokaly at St. Hedwig's Catholic Church in Thorp on Feb. 11, 1956.She enjoyed working at the Farmers Store in Thorp for many years until her retirement. In her spare time, her favorite hobby was playing cards with all her dear and treasured friends. She was an avid gardener and really had a "green thumb." She was a member of the Thorp American Legion Auxiliary and also a member of St. Bernard-St. Hedwig's Catholic Church and its Parish Council of Catholic Women. She is survived by her husband, Rudy, of Thorp, two daughters: Carol Morin of St. Paul and Bonnie (John) Mathwig of Bonita Springs, Fla.; five grandchildren and four great-grandchildren, many nieces, nephews and friends. She was preceded in death by her parents, her husband, Michael, one grandson, four sisters and two brothers.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests that memorials be directed to the Juvenile Diabetes Association.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs