BioM: Eide, Bernice (1937)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Eide, Laabs, Anderson, Wrolstad, Donahue, Marking
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 3 June 1937
Eide, Bernice (Marriage - *4 June 1937) *Could be off.
A pretty wedding was solemnized at the Norwegian Lutheran Church at Curtiss Friday at 10 a.m. when Miss Bernice Eide of Neillsville became the bride of Arthur Laabs of Curtiss, Wis. Rev. William Anderson, pastor, performed the double ring ceremony. "O Promise Me," was sung by Russell Wrolstad with Theresa Marking at the piano.
Bridesmaids were Mernibelle Laabs and Rachel Eide and gentlemen attandants were Harry Laabs and Harry Donahue. Flowers girls were Irene and Yvonne Anderson, daughters of Rev. Mr. Anderson. The bride wore a gown of white brocaded satin and pink roses, a little spray of blue flowers and snapdragons. Miss Rachel Eide wore a dress of blue taffeta and Miss Laabs was attired in pink taffeta.
A wedding dinner was served to a number of relatives and friends at the home of the bridegroom’s parents after which Mr. and Mrs. Laabs left on a trip to Washington, D. C., expecting to return about June 14, and will be at home at Curtiss after June 20.
The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Eide of Neillsville and is a graduate of the Neillsville High School and St. Olaf College at Northfield, Minn. She has been employed as a teacher at Rosholt High School where she made an excellent record. She is a young woman of high ideals, quiet charm and pleasing personality. The bridegroom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Fred Laabs of Curtiss and is employed as a bookkeeper at Laab’s Dairy Company at Curtiss, Wis. He graduated from the teacher’s training course at the Stevens Point Normal in 1935 and is a young man of excellent character and standing in his community. The Press joins their many friends in extending congratulations.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs