Mary Ann (1937)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Lundquist, Nelson, Everson, Spangberg, Marquart
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 24 June 1937
Lundquist, Mary Ann (Marriage - 12 June 1937)
Mr. Clifford Nelson, assistant county agent and Miss Mary Ann Lundquist of Siren, Wis., were united in marriage in the M. E. Church at Siren Saturday afternoon, June 12, 1937, Rev. Everson performing the single ring ceremony.
The wedding march was played by Miss Louise Spangberg, a cousin of the bride.
The bridesmaid was the bride’s sister, Miss Ruby Lundquist and William Marquart of Balsam Lake a friend of the groom was best man.
The bride wore a floor length dress of white designed and made by herself and carried a bouquet of dark pink roses and southern clematis. The bridesmaid’s dress was yellow-green and was floor length. She carried mixed yellow and rose colored flowers.
A buffet luncheon was served at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. Victor Lundquist.
The groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. J. C. Nelson of Marshfield and a graduate of Neillsville High School where he was very popular and made a notable record. Later he took the full course in Agriculture at the State University and has since and also during this course had a wide and varied agricultural experience and is fully equipped for his present position as assistant county agent.
The bride is a graduate of the Stout Institute, Menomonie, which specializes in Home Economics. Her training well qualifies her not only for the duties of a home but also as a sympathetic adviser in much of the work her husband has to do.
The people of Neillsville and all of Clark County gladly welcome this fine young couple into our midst. After a trip to Northern Wisconsin they returned Sunday to Neillsville and are at home at 191 East Sixth Street.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs