Obit: Eggebrecht, Marie L. (1872 - 1914)
Contact:  Stan

Surnames: EGGEBRECHT PETRICK GAUGER

----Sources: Colby Phonograph (Colby, Clark County, Wis.) 12/31/1914

Eggebrecht, Marie L. (20 OCT 1872 - 21 DEC 1914)

Marie Louise Eggebrecht, second daughter of William and Marie Petrick, was born in the town of Wein, Marathon Co., Oct. 20th, 1872, where she grew up and attended school, and was confirmed in the Ev. Lutheran St. Johannes Church in Wein. On Oct. 20th, 1892, on her 20th birthday, she was united in marriage to Henry C. Eggebrecht, and lived on his farm in the town of Frankfort (Marathon Co.), only a short distance from her birth place, until her death. Mrs. Eggebrecht had been ill for some time, but not until three weeks before her death was she compelled to take to the bed.

On Monday morning, Dec. 21st, 1914, at 7:30 o’clock, she passed peacefully away, aged 42 years, 2 months and one day, cause of death being pulmonary tuberculosis.

She was a kind and loving wife, mother and neighbor, and highly respected by all who knew her. The husband and children have the deepest sympathy of their many relatives and friends.

She leaves to mourn her early death, her husband, Henry C. Eggebrecht, and seven children - five boys and two girls: Joseph, 21, Edwin, 15; Lizzie, 13; Henry, 10; Fred, 8; Frieda, 5; Karl, 3; also her aged father, and brother William of Wein, and sister, Mrs. Matilda Gauger of Wausau.

The funeral was held from St. Johannes Church in Wein, Thrusday afternoon, Rev. Carl Schmalz officiating.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE