Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: BOEHNING NEUMAN BRUSSOW
----Sources: The Loyal Tribune 12 July 1934
Boehning, Marcella (9 JUL 1934)
Monday evening at 8 o’clock in the prettily decorated, candle-lighted home of Mr. and Mrs. Richard Boehning, near Chili, their daughter, Marcella became the bride of Joseph Neuman.
Just before the sacred words, making them husband and wife, were pronounced by Rev. Diemer of Nasonville, Mavis Berg and Harold Davel (schoolmates of the bridal couple) sang, "In The Gloaming."
Marcella was the traditional lovely bride. Her gown was of white taffeta, ankle length. She wore a long lace veil and carried a bouquet of roses and orange blossoms. Her sister Dorothy was her bridesmaid and her gown was of yellow flat crepe. Her bouquet was of roses.
The groom’s attendant was his cousin, Harvey Brussow.
The couple are both well known and highly respected in Loyal. Both graduated from our high school in 1933.
The bride has grown to womanhood on a farm near Loyal and "Buster" has made his home for many years with his aunt, Mrs. Rose Brussow. He is employed in the meat market of Mr. Jesse Raab. The newly weds will soon go to housekeeping in Loyal.
A supper was served to many guests at the home of the bride’s parents. Miss Ruth Lucht and Miss Valda Knopp were the waitresses.
Among the guests were Mrs. G. Wunrow of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Wunrow and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Wunrow and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Fred Wunrow and son, Mr. and Mrs. Stecker and Mr. and Mrs. Herman Stecker and daughter, all of Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. C. Boehning and Mr. and Mrs. Ed. Boehning and son of Auburndale; Mrs. Rose Brussow, Winifred Neuman, Mrs. Lottie Neuman and son Raymond, Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Neuman, Mr. and Mrs. Walter Neuman, Mr. and Mrs. W. Ammerman, Mr. and Mrs. Ray Vogel and family, and Mr. Harold Fulwiler of Loyal; Mr. Oscar Bragstad, Mr. and Mrs. Julius Rossow of Greenwood.
We sincerely add our congratulations and best wishes to those of the many friends of this newly married couple.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs