BioM: Schraufnagel, Alvina (1916)
Surnames: SCHRAUFNAGEL SCHAUF WEITZEL MISSLICH
----Sources: COLBY PHONOGRAPH (Colby, Wis.) 07/06/1916
Schraufnagel, Alvina (28 JUN 1916)
The marriage of Miss Alvina Schraufnagel of Colby to Hubert Schauf, the eldest son of Mrs. Christina Schauf of Ithaca, Wis., took place Wednesday morning, June 28, 1916, at 9 o’clock in St. Mary’s Church, Keyesville, Wis., The rev. Fr. R. Tronifeter officiating. The bride wore an exquisite gown of white pussy willow taffeta trimmed with silk lace and georgette crepe. Her veil was of tulle and she carried a shower bouquet of lilies of the valley and white roses. The bride was given away by her only sister, Mrs. Theophilus Misslich, who wore a pale pink crepe de chine gown. The bridesmaids were Misses Josephine and Elizabeth Schauf, sisters of the groom. Miss Josephine was gowned in a pink mirror silk dress and wore a corsage bouquet of sweet peas and a large picture hat to match. Miss Elizabeth was gowned in a Nile green crepe de chine dress, also wore a corsage bouquet of pink sweet peas and a large picture hat. Leonard and Henry Schraufnagel, brothers of the bride, were best men. Little Francis Weitzel, nephew of the groom, acted as ring bearer. The ceremony was followed by a four course wedding dinner for the immediate relatives at the residence of Mr. and Mrs. Theophilus Misslich. It was a pink and white wedding and the decorations were carried out in those colors. They received many useful and beautiful presents.
The relatives from afar were: Mr. Frank and Mrs. Norbert Schraufnagel, Mr. and Mrs. Emil Umhoefer, and Miss Tessie Umhoefer, of Colby; Mrs. Carl Vondran, Spring Green, Wis.; Joseph and Mr. and Mrs. George Schraufnagel, Leroy, Wis.
The well wishes of a host of relatives and friends will follow them on the journey of wedded life. They will be at home after July 15th on a farm one-half mile north of Ithaca.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs