August Ferdinand (1858 - 1937)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Liskow, May, Gloff, Kutsche, Kopp, Naedler, Pagenkopf, Bartell, Stiemke, Baumann, Wittenberg, Rieck, Schuelke
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 6 Jan. 1938
Liskow, August Ferdinand (4 July 1858 - 29 Dec. 1937)
August Ferdinand Liskow was born July 4, 1858, in Germany and passed away Wednesday morning, Dec. 29, at 8:15 at the age of 79 years, 5 months and 25 days, at the local hospital.
In 1883, at the age of 25, he sailed for America. On Feb. 28, 1889, he was united in marriage with Miss Anna May of Watertown, Wis., and there resided on a farm.
Five children were born to this union, three daughters and two sons. One daughter preceded him in death, in infancy. He leaves to mourn his death his wife and children, namely, Emma, Mrs. Frank Gloff, and Edward Liskow, Little Valley, N. Y., and Hattie, Mrs. Ray Kutsche, and Otto Liskow, Neillsville (Town of Levis), the latter residing on the home farm. There are 11 grandchildren and one great-grandchildren; one brother, Albert Liskow, who resides at Wittenberg, Wis., and other relatives and friends.
For 11 years they resided at Watertown. In the year of 1900, settled on a farm in the town of Levis, which has been their home ever since.
The pallbearers were: Gust Kaddatz, Fred Kopp, Wm. Naedler Sr., H. Pagenkopf, H. Bartell and Robert Stiemke.
The funeral was held Sunday, Jan. 2, at Schiller’s Funeral home at 1:30 p.m. and at St. John’s Lutheran Church at 2 p.m. Rev. Wm. A. Baumann officiating.
Relatives from away who attended the funeral are: Albert Liskow, Miss Emma Liskow and Mr. Bublitz, Wittenberg; Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Liskow; New London; Mr. and Mrs. Henry Rieck and Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Reick, Watertown; and Mr. and Mrs. Carl Schuelke and Mr. and Mrs. Arthur Gloff, Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs