BioM: Stowe, Clara
Surnames: VINE STOWE DUNN HERR
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 05/20/1937
Stowe, Clara E. (14 MAY 1937)
On Friday, May 14th, 1937, a very pretty wedding was solemnized when Miss Clara Eva Stowe, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Otis Stowe of the Town of Warner (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Harley Floyd Vine, son of Mrs. Elizabeth Vine of the Town of Longwood, at the West Beaver Chapel at two o’clock in the afternoon, Rev. C.R. Gaylord officiating.
The wedding march was played by Miss Lila Dunn. The altar was decorated with steamers of white, pink and blue.
The bride was attended by her cousin, Marjorie Stowe and the groom by Francis Herr.
The bride was attired in an ankle length white satin gown, designed in Princess style. He shoulder corsage was of carnations, roses, swansonia and sweet peas. Her veil was fingertip length with a halo effect bonnet.
The bridesmaid’s gown was ankle length of coral taffeta with a short jacket. She, too, had a shoulder corsage.
The groom was in navy blue and the best man in oxford gray, both wore buttonier bouquets.
The bride’s mother was attired in a yellow silk jacket effect gown and the groom’s mother wore blue silk.
The chapel was well filled with relatives and friends.
Following the ceremony, the bridal party returned to the bride’s home, which was prettily decorated with pink, blue and white streamers and in the center a large white bell, which has been in use at weddings of the family for years, for an early supper for about forty relatives and friends.
In the evening they gave a wedding dance at Merry Ol’ Gardens.
Out of town guests were Ben Vine and Laverne Noah, Monroe, and Mr. and Mrs. Art Swenson, Owen, Wis.
The newlyweds will make their home on the groom’s farm in the Town of Longwood.
The Gleaner joins their many local friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for a long and happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs