Augeretta A (1853 - 1904)
Contact: Lani Bartelt
Surnames: BRITTON, JONES
----Sources: Marathon Register Newspaper (Unity, WI) Jan 29,1904
Britton, Augeretta A. (1 Nov. 1853 - 19 Jan. 1904)
Last week we were called upon to chronicle the death of Mrs. D. F. Britton, which occurred at Sparta, January 19th, 1904. We have since secured the necessary data for the following brief obituary:
Augeretta A Jones was born in Chantaqua County, New York, Nov 1st 1853, removed with her parents to Sparta, WI. when a child.
On Nov 2nd 1867 she was united in marriage to D. F. Britton at Angelo, WI., where the resided until they removed to this Village (Unity) where they resided nearly twenty years, removing in 1898 to Washburn, where they resided until about a year ago, when it became obvious from her physical condition that she had but a short time to remain in this world of care care at that time her life was despaired of but she recovered sufficiently to get about and expressed the wish to be taken back to Sparta where she might spend her few remaining days in her childhood home.
The deceased was a kind charitable, home loving, woman with whom the comfort and edification of her family was always first yet whose generous kindly spirit always welcomed and opportunity to do good to others. She was never identified to any extent with public charity work, but derived much pleasure in doing good in the plain homely way that - always does the most good. On account of her quite (quiet) home life, many of her acquaintances never realized the depth and beauty of her character. She died as she had lived; at peace with God and the world, although not affiliated with any church, she was a constant worshiper of the dear Savior who she has gone to meet.
After the funeral services which were conducted at the house the remains were interred in Woodland Cemetery at Sparta.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs