Mr./Mrs. John (Golden - 1938)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Hartung, Biegler, Brother, Splinter, Wiederhold, Heins, Mary, Becker, Langreck, Sturdevant
----Sources: Neillsville Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) 23 June 1938
Hartung, Mr./Mrs. John (Golden - 16 June 1938)
Mr. and Mrs. John Hartung of the town of Pine Valley celebrated their golden wedding anniversary with a nuptial high mass at St. Mary’s Catholic Church, at which the worthy couple repeated the vows of 50 years ago, which Rev. J. A Biegler as celebrant. The attendants were Mrs. Theresa Splinter of Camp Douglas, a sister of the bride, and George Brother, a neighbor of the family. The women wore corsages of yellow roses and white sweet peas, and the men had yellow rose boutonnieres.
John Hartung of Kieler wed Miss Margaret Wiederhold of Dickeryville on June 16, 1888, and came to Neillsville region 35 years ago, purchasing the J. W. Sturdevant farm, which they developed into one of the finest in this territory.
All of the 10 children and their families were present for the festivities: George of East Dubuque, Ill.; Joe of Neillsville; Lena of Chicago; Elizabeth (Mrs. Frank Heinx) of Milwaukee; Frank and Arthur of Chicago; Clarence of Stephenson, Michigan; Anthony, Henry and Rosaline at home.
There are thirteen grandchildren. Among other guests in the party were Miss Hilda Splinter of Dubuque, Rev. Biegler, Mrs. John Mary, Mrs. Richard Becker, Mr. and Mrs. John Langreck, Mrs. George Brother and Mrs. Henry ??[blurred].
Dinner was served at a colorfully decorated table in gold and white at the Hartung home at 10 o’clock to 35 guests. A gold and white wedding cake was the centerpiece. In the evening a supper was served, and many neighbors came to pay honor during the social hour and lunch.
Mr. and Mrs. Hartung have lived and worked harmoniously through the years, and this trait, continued with honesty and ?, has provided a happy and ***rest is blurred. ***
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs