Henrietta (1875 - 1932)
Contact: Joan Rashka
Surnames: MARVIN FRAVERT FUNK
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.)
Marvin, Henrietta (18 SEP 1875 - 18 JAN 1932)
Henrietta Fravert was born September 18, 1875, the oldest daughter of Henry and Margaret Fravert, and passed away at her home January 18, 1932 at 6:00 p.m. at the age of 56 years, 4 months and 5 days.
On August 31, 1896 she was married to William Seward Marvin of Greenwood, where they resided until moving to a farm west of town in 1900 where she lived until her death.
She leaves, besides her husband, seven children: Henry of Hillsboro; Alfred of Greenwood; Laura, Mrs. Fred Funk of Caledonia. William, Lottie, Ruth and Harry at home. All were at her bedside. Five grandchildren, three brothers, Albert and Otto of the Town of Warner, and Fred of the Town of Beaver; five sisters, Emma of Granton, Kate of the Town of Warner, Vina of the Town of Beaver and Anna and Lydia of Racine. Several nieces and nephews and a host of relatives and friends. Her mother, father and one brother preceded her in death.
Services were held at the home and the West Side Immanuel Reformed Church Thursday afternoon, Rev. P.H. Franzmeier officiating. The body was laid to rest in the Greenwood Cemetery. The deceased was a kind and loving wife and mother and will be greatly missed at home and by all those who knew her.
Those who came from away to attend the funeral were: Mr. and Mrs. John Atkins and family and Mrs. Ida Wilson of Colby; Mr. and Mrs. B.E. Marvin and Elmer Schwarze of Duluth, Minn.; Mrs. Anna Plath and Mrs. Lydia Warner of Racine; Mr. and Mrs. Fred Funk and family of of Caledonia, Mr. and Mrs. Henry Marvin and family of Hillsboro and Mrs. John Trimberger and family of Granton.
The family have the sympathy of the community in their bereavement.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs