Mardene Esther (1939)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Stanley, Chase, Longenecker, Bartlett
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 22 June 1939
Stanley, Mardene Esther (Marriage - 15 June 1939)
Miss Mardene Esther Stanley, second daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Roy Stanley of Grant Township, and Joseph Chase, son of Mrs. Dora Chase of Pine Valley, were married at 2:30 p.m. June 15 at Sunset Point, Neillsville; Rev. G. W. Longenecker performing the rites. The single-ring ceremony was used.
The bride wore a floor-length gown of white satin, trimmed with lace and carried a shower bouquet of white lilies and sweet peas. She wore a wreath of orange blossoms in her hair. The groom wore a gray suit.
The attendants were Jean and Allen Stanley, sister and brother of the bride, and Mr. and Mrs. Roy Chase, the groom’s brother and his wife. Miss Jean wore a floor-length dress of pink lace net with light blue accessories and Mrs. Roy Chase wore aqua blue taffeta. The groom’s attendants wore dark suits.
Twenty guests attended the reception held at the bride’s home after the ceremony. The house was decorated with peonies, syringe and roses. The following morning the couple left on a two week’s wedding trip to Oshkosh, Chicago, Milwaukee, and Wisconsin Dells, the bride wearing a black and white outfit with matching hat and accessories for traveling.
Mrs. Chase was graduated from Neillsville High School in 1937 and has since worked wherever employment could be found. She worked for six months on the soil conservation program, later being employed in Milwaukee and for the past year she has worked in the C. E. Bartlett home. She is a fine young woman, capable and efficient.
The groom was graduated from Neillsville High School in 1928. He is an industrious young farmer and is also partially engaged in fur farming. They will be at home at the Chase farm after June 30.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs