BioM: Howell, E. Grace (1938)
Contact:  Stan
Email: stan@wiclarkcountyhistory.org

Surnames: HOWELL HINKLE GUSTINE HICKELY GABRILSKA

----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 04/13/1938

Howell, E. Grace (9 APR 1938)

The First Congregational Church in Waukesha was chosen by Miss E. Grace Howell, daughter of David J. Howell, Waukesha, and Leland G. Hinkle, Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), son of Mr. and Mrs. Jim Hinkle, Ft. Atkinson, for their marriage which took place Saturday at 4 p.m.

The couple exchanged vows by candlelight before an altar banked with ferns and decorated with baskets of calla lilies. Miss Myra Torhorst, Waukesha, presided at the organ, and during the ceremony played an organ and piano duet with Miss Audrey Moore.

White Chantilly lace with a three-quarters length veil were worn by the bride and she carried white roses.

Lillian Howell, in a gown of aqua mousseline de sol, attended her sister as maid of honor, and the bridesmaids, wearing peach colored moueline de sole, were Miss Helen Howell, also a sister of the bride, and Miss Dorthea Gustine.

Wayne Hinkle was his brothers best man and ushers were Stewart and Harold Howell, brothers of the bride, John Hickey, Ft. Atkinson, and Alan Gabrilska, Wausau

Following the ceremony a reception was held in the church parlors.

The couple will reside at Greenwood, where Mr. Hinkle is a member of the high school faculty. He is a graduate of the Whitewater State Teachers College. Mrs. Hinkle was also a student at the same college.

 

 


© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.

 

Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.

 

Become a Clark County History Buff

 

Report Broken Links

A site created and maintained by the Clark County History Buffs
and supported by your generous donations.

 

Webmasters: Leon Konieczny, Tanya Paschke,

Janet & Stan Schwarze, James W. Sternitzky,

Crystal Wendt & Al Wessel

 

CLARK CO. WI HISTORY HOME PAGE