Louise (1909 - 2006)
Contact: R. Lipprandt
Surnames: BROWN, CLAWSON, DAVIDSON, MILLARD, PAULSON, SMITH, WILLIAMS
----Sources: The Tribune-Phonograph, Vol. 46, No. 47, Wed., Nov. 22, 2006, p. 9
Smith, Louise (Millard) (18 Dec 1909 - 15 Nov 2006)
Louise (Millard) Smith
Louise (Millard) Smith, 96, Loyal, died Wednesday, Nov. 15, 2006, at the Colonial Center, Colby.
Funeral services were held Nov. 20 at the United Methodist Church, Loyal. The Rev. Wendell Williams presided. Burial was in the Loyal Cemetery.
Louise was born Dec. 18, 1909, in New Lisbon to Verne and Iva (Clawson) Millard.
Her family moved to the Town of York, Clark County in 1916. She attended Pleasant View School and graduated from Loyal High School in 1927.
She was united in marriage to J. Vernon Smith on Sep. 3, 1928, in Loyal. After their marriage, the couple lived in Greenwood, Loyal, Vesper, Fond du Lac and Colby.
After their children were grown, Louise and her husband started working in nursing care facilities. They worked at the Bethel Convalescent Home, Arpin, at Northwood Health Center, Marshfield and at the Sunburst Children’s Home, Neillsville, Wis.
In 1958, they move to Fond du Lac to manage the Fond du Lac County Home until its closing. She then worked in a nursing home for one year and then managed the Senior Center in Fond du Lac.
In 1973 they moved to Colby and in 1978, they moved back to Loyal.
Her husband, J. Vernon died on Nov. 22, 1978. Louise continued to live in Loyal until entering the Colonial Center, Colby in June of 2000.
She is survived by one daughter, Virginia (Edward) Brown, Colby; two sons, Vernon (Joan) Smith, Loyal and Arnold Smith, Claycomo, MO; 21 grandchildren; 42 great grandchildren; 14 great great grandchildren; and one sister; Ardis Paulson, Loyal.
Louise was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; two sons, Ronald and Eldon, an infant grandson; on granddaughter; one sister; Irene Davidson; and two brothers, Lloyd and Verland Millard.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs