Geraldine L. (1929 - 2006)
Contact: Audrey Roedl
Surnames: KOHLNHOFER SPENCER JEHOICH BLASEL
----Sources: Tribune-Record-Gleaner, Loyal, Wisconsin, 29 November 2006
Kohlnhofer, Geraldine L. (24 FEB 1929 - 26 NOV 2006)
Geraldine L. Kohlnhofer, 77, Loyal, died on Sunday, Nov. 26, 2006, in the Palliative Care Unit at Saint Joseph’s Hospital, Marshfield. Visitation will be held at St. Anthony’s Catholic Church, Loyal, on Wednesday, Nov. 29, from noon until time of service at 2 p.m. The Rev. Roman Kaiser will officiate and burial will officiate and burial will follow in the parish cemetery. Pallbearers will be her grandchildren.
Geraldine La Fern Spencer was born in Minneapolis, Minn., on Feb. 24, 1929, to Lucius and Goldie (nee Jehoich) Spencer. She was a 1948 graduate of Medford High School. On May 30, 1949, she married Clayton Kohlnhofer in Dorchester, Wis. The couple farmed in the town of Warner, rural Greenwood, until their retirement in 1988. She was a past member of St. Mary’s Catholic Church, Greenwood, and a very active member of St. Ann’s Society. In 1988, they moved to Loyal where she was a member of St. Anthony’s Catholic Church. She loved to garden, play cards, and was a great cook. She enjoyed watching her grandchildren’s activities, going visiting and having friends to her home.
Survivors include her husband of 57 years, Clayton Kohlnhofer, Loyal; four children, Judy Brecht, Spencer, Bill Kohlnhofer, Neillsville, Jim (Sharon) Kohlnhofer, Kansas City, Kan., and Ritch (Kathy) Kohlnhofer, Neillsville; nine grandchildren; seven great- grandchildren; one daughter-in-law, Rosie Kohlnhofer, Lodi; and one sister, Delores (Norman) Blasel, Stetsonville.
Preceding her in death were her parents; one son, Bob Kohlnhofer; and one sister and brother-in-law, Betty (Bud) Hartman.
Cuddie Funeral Home, Loyal, is assisting the family with arrangements.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs