Bernice M. (1941)
Surnames: SEBASTIAN FRISKE PIERCE PROTZMAN REINEKING KUEHN JENSON DUX ROETTJER
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 08/05/1941
Friske, Bernice M. (2 AUG 1941)
Baskets of pink and white gladioli decorated the altar of Trinity Evangelical Lutheran Church at Loyal (Clark Co., Wis.) for the wedding of Miss Bernice M. Friske of Wautoma, daughter of Mrs. Otto Friske of Rochester, Minn., and Milton A. Sebastian of Milwaukee, son of Mrs. Bertha Sebastian, which was performed at 4 o’clock Saturday afternoon, Aug. 2, 1941. The Rev. J.C. Langholz read the rites. The bride is a gormer Greenwood resident and was graduated from the Greenwood High School in 1936.
For the ceremony she selected a white marquisette gown with a lace yoke and bodice and a long train. She wore a necklace of seed pearls, a gift of the groom, and carried white asters, gladioli, and baby’s breath. Her finger-tip veil of lace-edged silk tulle was caught to a headdress of orange blossoms.
Miss Florence Friske of Greenwood, maid of honor, wore a pink marquisette dress trimmed with matching lace and a shoulder-length veil held by a wreath of flowers. Misses Arlene Sebastian of Milwaukee and Rita Pierce of Wis. Rapids wore gowns identical in style to that worn by the maid of honor, and each bridal attendant wore a rhinestone cross, a gift of the bride.
Elmer Protzman of Milwaukee was best man, and ushers were Norman Reineking of Greenwood and Lowell Kuehn of Milwaukee. Mrs. Jenson presided at the organ, and Mrs. Edwin Dux and Mrs. William Roettjer sang, "I Love You Truly," and "Under His Wings."
Ninety guest attended a 5 o’clock dinner served in the church parlors, and a wedding dance was held in the evening at the Merry Ol’ Gardens.
Mrs. Sebastian attended the Lawrence Academy of Beauty Culture in Minneapolis following her graduation from high school, and has been employed as manager of the Wautoma Beauty Shop. Mr. Sebastian is employed in the engineering department at the Falk Corp. in Milwaukee, where they will be at home at 2868 N. 25th St. upon their return from a two weeks’ trip to the east.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs