BioM: Snell, Helen
Surnames: LONGRIDGE SNELL RISHER BOWN MORROW
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 03/20/1942
Snell, Helen L. (7 FEB 1942)
Nuptial vows were exchanged between Miss Helen Lorraine Snell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Garass Snell, Shreveport, La., and Lt. Emmett F. Longridge, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Longridge, Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), in the reception room at the home of the bride’s aunt, Mrs. James H. Risher, Robinson Place, Shreveport. The 8 o’clock candlelight ceremony was performed on Feb. 7, 1942, with the Rev. T.C. Pennel officiating.
The mantel before which the ceremony was performed was decorated with white gladioli and pink carnations among feverfew and ferns. At either end stood cathedral candelabra burning pink tapers.
Miss Ruth Risher was the maid of honor and Lt. Grover C. Brown was best man. Miss Eva Morrow served as candle lighter.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her father, wore a navy blue suit with a blouse of shell pink mousseline and a halo hat of blue Milan trimmed with rose flowers and veil. Her corsage was fashioned of pink perfection camellias. Miss Risher was attired in a black sheer, princess styled dress and a black toya hat, and had a corsage of split pink carnations pinned to her shoulder.
A reception followed the wedding ceremony. The bride’s table, overlaid with an Irish linen and lace cloth, was adorned with a large tiered wedding cake, embossed and topped with a crown of orange blossoms and lilies of the valley, on either side of which tall tapers burned in branched candelabra.
Mrs. Longridge attended Louisiana Polytechnic Institute and Centenary College, where she was pledged to the Alpha Xi Delta sorority. Lt. Longridge, a graduate of Greenwood High School with the class of ’32, attended the University of Wisconsin. He has been stationed at Kelly Field, Texas, where he received his wings, Barksdale Field, Shreveport, La., where he was flight commander, and now has headquarters at Hendrix Field, Sebring, Fla.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs