BioM: Ockerl, Ida
Surnames: VOLOVSEK OCKERL
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 04/18/1942
Ockerl, Ida (11 APR 1942)
Miss Ida Ockerl, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Harry Ockerl of Willard (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Joseph Volovsek, son of Mr. and Mrs. Frank Volovsek Sr., also of Willard, at a nuptial High Mass performed in SS Peter and Paul Catholic Church, Milwaukee, by the Rev. Father Schuster, on Saturday, April 11, 1942, also the date of the bride’s birthday. Leo Muskatvec and his choir furnished the music for the ceremony.
Twin sister of the groom, the Misses Anne and Margaret Volovsek, were bridesmaids, and Stanley and Alphonse Volovsek attended their brother, as groomsmen.
For the occasion the bride was attired in a white velverated silk organdy dress fashioned with a sweetheart neckline, long sleeves that ended in points over the wrists, a tight bodice and full skirt sweeping into a long train. A long tulle veil with insertions and edging of lace fell from a seed pearl tiara and she carried a bouquet of white roses and gardenias in her arms.
The bridesmaids wore identical blue velverated silk organdy dresses, made with puffed sleeves, sweetheart necklines, and full skirts. Matching shoulder-length veils were caught to their blue tiaras, and they carried yellow roses.
Following the ceremony the bridal party breakfasted in Milwaukee, then motored to Willard where a 6 p.m. birthday and wedding supper was served for the immediate relatives at the home of the bride’s parents. The room was decorated with blue and white streamers and a large three-tiered wedding cake and an accompanying birthday cake centered the bridal table. That evening a wedding shower and dance were held for the couple at the Silver Dome ballroom at Neillsville, Wis.
On Monday Mr. and Mrs. Volovsek returned to Milwaukee where they will make their home.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs