BioM: Snedic, Mary
Surnames: PLAUTZ SNEDIC PETKOVSEK RAKOVEC
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 07/02/1942
Snedic, Mary (27 JUN 1942)
The Holy Family Catholic Church at Willard (Clark Co., Wis.) was the scene of the wedding of Miss Mary Snedic, daughter of Mrs. John Snedic Sr., to Michael Plautz, son of Mrs. Mary Plautz, all of Willard. The ceremony was performed by the Rev. Raphael Stragisher Saturday morning at 9:30 o’clock.
The bride, who was given in marriage by her brother, John Snedic, Greenwood, wore white marquisette desgined with a lace bodice and lace insets. Her veil was of finertip length, and her bouquet of white daisies had long streamers of white marquisette ribbon tied with ferns. Clasped about her neck was a gold locket.
Bridesmaids were Miss Rosaline Plautz, sister of the bridegroom, and Miss Angeline Snedic, sister of the bride. The former was attired in yellow marquisette with matching blusher, and carried a bouquet of white gladioli and blue delphiniums, tied with streamers which matched her dress. Miss Snedic was dressed in a gown of sky blue marquisette, with matching blusher. Her bouquet was similar to that of Miss Plautz.
The bridegroom and his attendants, Joe Petkovsek and John Rakovec, wore blue suits. Each wore a white rose boutonniere.
Mrs. Leonard Rauen, organist, played the wedding march, and twin sisters, Margaret and Anna Volovsek, sang several selections.
A wedding dinner and supper were served to immediate relatives and friends at the home of the bride’s mother, which was decorated with bouquets of Canterbury bells, peonies and roses, and with blue, white and yellow streamers. Centering the table was a wedding cake baked by the bride’s sister-in-law, Mrs. John Snedic, Greenwood. Pale pink petals decorated the top and sides of the cake, which was encircled with Canterbury bells.
Mr. and Mrs. Plautz plan to make their home at Willard, where the former is employed by the Plautz Brothers Construction Co.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs