Dorothy E. (1942)
Surnames: MADDOCK THOMPSON STEEL TREADER WAGNER SHIRLEY
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 07/10/1942
Thompson, Dorothy E. (30 JUN 1942)
The marriage of Miss Dorothy Eleanor Thompson to the Rev. Clarence B.W. Maddock, Waupaca, took place Tuesday afternoon, June 30, 1942, at St. James Episcopal Church, Milwaukee, with the Rev. G. Clarence Lund officiating.
The bridegroom formerly lived at Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), when his father, was pastor of Grace Methodist Church. The Maddock family left there in 1934, and his mother now resides in Brandon, Man., Dominion of Canada.
The bride wore a gown of white marquisette, imprinted in white with orchids and lilies of the valley, fashioned with a V-neckline, full puffed sleeves, a long basque and a long full skirt which ended in a train. Her long veil fell from a crown of ostrich tips, and in her hands, covered with marquisette mitts, she carried a white prayer book and an orchid.
Mrs. Kenneth Steel, Pewaukee, acted as matron of honor, and the Misses Ruth, Shirley, Wood, and Louise Treader, Whitefish Bay, were bridesmaids. All were gowned alike in heavenly blue marquisette and carried arm bouquets of pink roses. The matron of honor wore matching ostrich feathers and a short tulle veil in the same blue tint. The others wore blue feather tips in their hair.
Best man was the Rev. Harold Wagner, Burlington. Ushers were Kenneth Steel and Amos Shirley.
That evening a reception was held at the home of Dr. and Mrs. Amos Shirley at the Soldiers’ Home. The bride’s father, the late Col. A.B. Thompson, was chief medical officer at the home for 15 years.
The bride attended Marquette University, Milwaukee, and was graduated from Carroll College, Waukesha. She is a member of Alpha Kappa. The groom, a graduate of Greenwood High School with the class of ’32, later was graduated from Marquette University, where he was a member of Phil Delta. He is now a deacon in charge of St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, Waupaca.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.