Surnames: MEINHARDT KIPPENHAN DEGNITZ
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 09/15/1943
Kippenhan, Esther (8 SEP 1943)
Now at home to friends on the groom’s farm near Owen (Clark Co., Wis.), on route 1, are Mr. and Mrs. Elmer E. Meinhardt whose marriage took place Sept. 8, 1943 at high noon in the Immanuel Reformed Church at Greenwood. The Rev. P.H. Franzmeier performed the double ring ceremony before the altar decorated with bouquets of red roses and white chrysanthemums and Mrs. Franzmeier was organist.
The bride, the former Miss Esther M. Kippenhan, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Kippenhan, of Greenwood, was attired in a white satin gown, trimmed in lace, and a veil of illusion, bordered in matching lace and caught to a headdress of orange blossoms. Her only jewelry, a locket, was given to her by the groom, and she carried a bouquet of roses.
Paul Kippenhan and Harry Meinhardt, brothers of the bridal couple, were groomsmen.
After the ceremony dinner was served to members of the immediate families of both families at the home of the bride’s parents, where the decorations repeated the colors of the bridal party. A dance was held that evening at the Merry Ol’ Gardens, after which the couple left on a brief honeymoon.
Both Mr. and Mrs. Meinhardt were graduated from the Greenwood High School, the groom in 1934 and his bride in 1940. Mrs. Meinhardt attended one summer season at Eau Claire Teachers College and for the past one and one-half years has been nursing in Milwaukee. Mr. Meinhardt is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Otto Meinhardt of Greenwood.
Guests were Miss Clara Degnitz of Milwaukee, and Mr. and Mrs. Emory Sieger of Eleva.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.