Surnames: MITSCHKA STEIGER JOHNS HUMKE
----Sources: : Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 10/06/1943
Steiger, Evelyn (29 SEP 1943)
Wearing a navy blue suit with brown accessories and a corsage of gardenias, Miss Evelyn Steiger, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Steiger of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of S. Sgt. Karl Mitschka, son of Mr. and Mrs. John Mitschka, Milwaukee, Sept. 29, 1943. The candlelight service was read at 7:30 p.m. in the West Side Reformed Church at Greenwood with the Rev. P.H. Franzmeier officiating. The double ring service was performed before the altar.
Miss Beatrice Steiger, sister of the bride, in a gray suit and green accessories and wearing a corsage of white asters and daisies, was maid of honor, and Gordon Johns of Milwaukee, a cousin of the groom, was best man.
Miss Ruth Humke was soloist and was accompanied by Mrs. Franzmeier, who also played the wedding marches.
The bride was given in marriage by her father.
Mrs. Steiger was attired in a navy blue dress for her daughter’s wedding and had a corsage of yellow and white daisies pinned to her shoulder.
Following the ceremony a dinner was served to the immediate relatives and closest friends at the Lyon Café where a four-tier wedding cake formed the centerpiece at the table. That evening a dance was given at the Merry Ol’ Gardens and the next day Sgt. And Mrs. Mitschka left for Aberdeen, Md., where the groom is stationed.
Mrs. Mitschka taught for the past six years in the Clark County rural schools. The groom had been employed by the Falk Corporation in Milwaukee before entering Army service.
Guests included Mrs. John Mitschka, Mr. and Mrs. August Johns, Mr. and Mrs. Gordon Johns, all of Milwaukee; Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Steiger and family, the Rev. and Mrs. P.H. Franzmeier and family, and Miss Ruth Humke of Greenwood.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs