Florence Gladys (1940)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Campbell, Anderegg, Longenekcer, Eide, Covell, Gault, Roehborn, Janke
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 25 Jan. 1940
Campbell, Florence Gladys (Marriage - 20 Jan. 1940)
Miss Florence Gladys Campbell, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Ernest Campbell of 142 North Bruley Street, and Robert Anderegg, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Anderegg of Neillsville, were united in marriage Saturday, January 20, at 2:30 p.m. at the Congregational church, the Rev. G. W. Longenecker conducting the double-ring ceremony. Pink and white was chosen as the color scheme for the decorations.
Preceding the ceremony, Miss Rachel Eide sang, "Perfect Love," with piano accompaniment by Mrs. Allen Covell, followed by Lohengrin’s wedding march. For the recessional, Mrs. Covell played Mendelssohn’s wedding march.
The bride, who was given away by her father, was gowned in white satin and wore a veil. She carried a bouquet of pink and white carnations. Miss Marcia Janke, wearing a rose colored taffeta dress, acted as bridesmaid. Her flowers were a combination of sweet peas and lilies. Harold Gault attended the groom. George Campbell, brother of the bride, and Elmer Anderegg, the groom’s brother, were ushers.
The bride’s mother wore blue silk crepe; Mrs. Anderegg, Sr., wearing wine silk.
Dinner was served to 30 guests in the church dinning room, which was prettily decorated in pink and white.
Mr. and Mrs. Anderegg have lived in this community all their lives. Mr. Anderegg has a position as clerk in the H. Roehborn store. The couple will live at 135 East Sixth Street.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.