BioM: Finkle, Lila
Surnames: FINKLE TUCKER RUIZ GUTHRIE
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 11/30/1945
Finkle, Lila J. (24 NOV 1945)
The Seventh Day Adventist Church at Paducah, Jy., was the scene of the wedding ceremony at which Miss Lila Jeanette Finkle, Murray, Jy., daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin J. Finkle, Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Leo Dean Tucker, son of Mr. and Mrs. S.A. Tucker, Murray, Ky. Elder J.C. Gaitens read the wedding vows at 8 [.m., Nov. 24, 1945, before the altar decorated with bouquets of white chrysanthemums and lighted candles. Miss Ola Mae Cathey, accompanied by Miss Ward, who also played the wedding marches, sang "I Love Your Truly" and "Always."
Gvien in marriage by her brother-in-law, Pfc. E. C. Ruiz, the bride wore a formal white satin wedding gown styled with long sleeves, a sweetheart neckline, and a full skirt extending into a train. A seed pearl crown held her fingertip veil of illusion and she carried white carnations and gardenias.
Miss Jane Guthrie of Murray, Ky., as maid of honor, wore pink marquisette and carried pink carnations. Duane Tucker, Murray, Ky., was his brother’s best man.
Following the service a select group of relatives and friends were entertained at a reception at the home of Elder and Mrs. Boehrig at Paducah, after which the couple left for Wisconsin on a wedding trip.
Mrs. Tucker was graduated from the Hylandale Academy at Rockland, Wis., with the class of 1944, and has been in nurse’s training for one year at Murray, Ky. Her husband is a graduate of the Collegedale Academy, Collegedale, Tenn., this year, and is now attending Washington Missionary College.
Pfc. And Mrs. Ruiz, Washington, D.C., attending the wedding.
The couple arrived in Greenwood a week ago for a visit with the bride’s parents and other relatives and friends.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs