Surnames: ELLINGSON JOHNSON NORSON
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 04/03/1946
Johnson, Marie (24 MAR 1946)
In a wedding ceremony read March 24, 1946 in the United Lutheran Church at Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), Miss Marie Johnson, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Elmer Johnson, of Greenwood, exchanged wedding vows with Lt. Erling Ellingson, of the Army Air Forces, son of Mr. and Mrs. E.S. Ellingson, of Greenwood. The Rev. A.E. Norson officiated at the 10:30 a.m. nuptial service.
The United Lutheran Ladies Chorus sang "My Faith Looks Up to Thee," as the couple knelt before the church altar.
For her wedding, the bride chose an aqua crepe frock, with which she wore black accessories. She carried a white Testament in her hands and a corsage of white narcissus and carnations were pinned to her shoulder.
Miss Mildred Norson, maid of honor, wore a rose colored dress with navy blue accessories and a corsage similar to the bride’s.
Everett Ellingson was his brother’s best man.
Following the service dinner was served to the immediate members of both families at the Johnson home canopied with yellow and white streamers. Bouquets of jonquils and narcissus and a three-tier wedding cake centered the table. Later the couple left on a week’s honeymoon trip to northern Minnesota.
Lt. Ellingson was graduated from the Greenwood High School with the class of 1941 and his bride in 1943. He enlisted in the Army Air Forces in 1942, was commissioned in April 1944, and spent 16 months in the South Pacific Theater of Operations with a troop carrier command.
Mrs. Ellingson will be graduated from the school of nursing at the Lutheran Deaconess Hospital in Chicago in May.
Sunday Lt. and Mrs. Ellingson accompanied by Everett Ellingson, left for Chicago where Mrs. Ellingson will resume her duties at the hospital.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs