William & Anna (Gold - 1949)
Surnames: ROSSOW EHLERT YSTAD
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 06/??/1949
Rossow, William & Anna (Gold - 7 JUN 1949)
Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.) - Mr. and Mrs. William Rossow celebrated their golden wedding anniversary on Tuesday at the home of their son-in-law and daughter, Mr. and Mrs. Olaf Ystad. Approximately 150 relatives and friends were present for dinner and supper and to spend the evening.
A large three-tiered wedding cake decorated in gold and white and topped by a miniature bride and groom formed the centerpiece at the dinner table.
Mr. Rossow, son of the late Frederick and Augusta Rossow, was born in Germany on July 8, 1874. He came to America with his parents in 1882, settling on a farm in the Town of Beaver.
Mrs. Rossow, the former Miss Anna Ehlert, daughter of Karl and Fredericka Ehlert, was born in Germany on Sept. 7, 1880, and came with her parents to America when she was a few months of age. They came to the Loyal community to make their home. They were married on June 7, 1899, by the Rev. Mr. Ruel in the Lutheran Church in Loyal. After their marriage they settled on a farm in the Town of Warner, and have resided there ever since.
Four children were born to the Rossows, two of them died in infancy. The surviving children are Ervin Rossow, on the home farm, and Mrs. Olaf (Elsie) Ystad, and one grandchild, Milton Ystad.
Out of town relatives present for the occasion include Mr. and Mrs. Albert Ehlert, Mr. and Mrs. Otto Rossow, Mr. and Mrs. Romaine Rossow and daughter, Kay, Mr. and Mrs. Julius Ehlert and family, and August Ehlert, Loyal; Mr. and Mrs. Otto Ehlert, Marshfield; Mr. and Mrs. John Brandt, Mr. and Mrs. James Morrow and son, Delbert Colby, and Mr. and Mrs. Paul Brandt and daughter, Darlene, Stratford.
The honored couple received a purse of money from their guests, and numerous congratulatory messages from relatives and friends.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs