Catherine A. (1949)
Surnames: KARLEN HEGENBARTH NIEMAN FEGU NELSON NIELSEN
----Sources: Marshfield News Herald (Marshfield, Wis.) 07/??/1949
Hegenbarth, Catherine A. (2 JUL 1949)
Miss Catherine Ann Hegenbarth, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Edwin Hegenbarth, route 1, Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), became the bride of Marvin James Karlen, Saturday, July 2, 1949.
The 2 p.m. ceremony took place at the United Lutheran Church of Greenwood with the Rev. T.M. Nelson officiating. Mr. and Mrs. Herman Karlen, route 1, Boyd, are the groom’s parents.
Given in marriage by her father, the bride was gowned in nylon. The fitted bodice, which buttoned down the back, featured a round neckline with a drop-shoulder ruffle and long sleeves. Ruffles extending from the waist to the end of the long train. Her long veil was held by a sweetheart style headpiece trimmed with seed pearls. She carried a shower bouquet of red and white roses.
Mrs. Ronald Nieman was her sister’s matron of honor in a blue organdy gown styled identical to that of the bride. She carried a colonial bouquet.
Miss Betty Karlen, Stanley, cousin of the groom, and Miss Helen Fegu, Park Rapids, Minn., cousin of the bride, were bridesmaids. They were attired in pink and yellow gowns, respectively, and wore blusher veils. They carried colonial bouquets.
Attending the groom was Dowal Karlen, Boyd, brother of the groom, and Harvey Nelson, Milwaukee, cousin of the groom.
Carmen Nielsen, nice of the bride, was flower girl. Ring bearer was Harold Nielsen, nephew of the bride. Carmen carried a basket of assorted flowers.
A supper was served to 175 relatives and friends in the church parlors and a dance was held at Edson Pavilion in the evening.
The bride is a graduate of Greenwood High School, and the groom of Thorp High School. He is employed as a cheesemaker. The young couple will make their home at Boyd.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs