Surnames: SUEMNICHT SCHREIBER BARTELT RADTKE HEIN HELLMER
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 08/31/1916
Suemnicht, Meta (26 AUG 1916)
On Saturday evening at seven o’clock the marriage of Rev. Otto Schreiber of Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), and Miss Meta Suemnicht was solemnized at St. Paul’s Evangelical Lutheran Church, Rev. J.W. Halboth officiating. With the first strains of the wedding march played by Mrs. J.W. Halboth, the bridal procession came down the aisle and took their places at the alter. The bride was attired in a beautiful gown of white georgette crepe over taffeta and carried a bouquet of white roses and snapdragons. The maid of honor, Miss Hilda Bartelt was gowned in white net and carried white asters. The bridesmaids were Margaret Schreiber, Irma Radtke, Minnie Schreiber, and wore gowns of pale green silk mull and carried white asters. The groom was attended by Herman Schreiber as best man and Ferdinand Hein, Ernst Bartelt and Emil Hellmer. After receiving the congratulations of their friends and relatives a most delicious dinner was served to sixty guests.
The bride is the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Albert Suemnicht and is highly accomplished and will be greatly missed by her many friends in Cascade. The groom is an esteemed young man and has chosen a good helpmate. He is pastor of the Lutheran church at Greenwood.
Those present from abroad were, Mrs. C. Schnitker and Marie Goldsberry of Venice, Ill., Frank Davis of Norfolk, Neb., Mrs. Jack Holmes of Saskatoon, Sask., Canada, Ernst Bartelt of Arnold, Wis., Irma Radtke of Grand Rapids, Linda Felmann, Elkhart Lake, Mrs. A. Schreiber, Minnie, Margaret, Hattie, Herman, Alfred and Martin Schreiber, Mr. and Mrs. Wm. Fiebelkorn, Sr. and Stella Harlos of Milwaukee. (Plymouth Review)
The Gleaner joins their many friends in extending hearty congratulations.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs