BioM: Crowley, Mae
Surnames: SPEICH CROWLEY
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 03/01/1917
Crowley, Mae E. (26 FEB 1917)
Fred G. Speich of this city, and Miss Mae E. Crowley of Babcock, were married at the Catholic Parsonage at Grand Rapids, Monday morning, by Rev. Reding.
They were attended by Babcock friends and after the ceremony left for a ten days visit with relatives of the groom of the groom at Greenwood (Clark Co., Wis.), and with relatives of the bride at LaCrosse and Chicago. The wedding announcement read that they will be at home to their friends at Pittsville after March 1st. They will live at this city as soon as convenience allows, previous to which time they will make their home at Babcock at the home of the bride’s parents.
Mr. Speich is a member of the firm of Speich Brothers, who operate the Pittsville Creamery and also many stations all along the St. Paul lines north and south of Babcock. He has, since his entry into the firm, been little in Pittsville for the reason that he has done the best share of buying at the stations and has been on the road all the time, getting into Pittsville only Saturday nights, and out again early Sunday morning.
The bride is one of Babcock’s most popular young ladies, where she has lived with her parents during their residence there. She is the only daughter of Mr. and Mrs. James Crowley and when she comes to Pittsville to make her home here, does not come as a stranger, as she is known here to many as a young lady of estimable worth and accomplishments. The Record joins with the many friends and relatives at both Pittsville and Babcock in wishing them a long and prosperous life’s journey. (Pittsville Record)
Fred Speich is a son of Mr. and Mrs. A. Speich, who reside just north of the city, and is well known here by many.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs