BioM: Erickson, Clara (1941)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Erickson, Dahlke, Selle, Polzin, Hubing
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 9 Jan. 1941
Erickson, Clara (Marriage - 4 Jan. 1941)
The scent of pine in the candlelighted Emmaus Lutheran Church, Milwaukee, Saturday provided yuletide accent for the nuptials there in which Elmer Dahlke, son of Mrs. Charlotte Dahkle, Milwaukee, claimed his bride Miss Clara Erickson, daughter of Elmer Erickson of Neillsville, Wis. The fragrance arose from pines illuminated by candles which decked the windows of the church. White tapers in standards stood on either side of the altar.
The double-ring ceremony was performed by the Rev. Frank Selle.
Appropriate organ music was softly played during the ceremony.
The attendants, Miss Elinor Dahkle of Washington, twin sister of the groom, acted as maid of honor, and Miss Phyllis Polzin, Milwaukee, as bridesmaid. They were dressed in identical gowns of powder blue taffeta with matching tiaras of silver flowers and veils. They carried arm bouquets of yellow chrysanthemums. Their silver bracelets were gifts from the bride.
Gerhardt Selle, friend of the groom, was groomsman and Earl Erickson, brother of the bride, acted as usher and best man.
The bride, who was given in marriage by Chas. Hubing, was gowned in white satin, fashioned on mid-Victorian lines and with long tapering sleeves and a full skirt; which flared to form a long sweeping train. Her finger-tip veil fell from a tiara of seed pearls. She carried an arm bouquet of white chrysanthemums. Her gold link bracelet was a gift from the groom.
The groom’s mother was dressed in a duty rose crepe dress. She wore a corsage of white gardenias. Following the ceremony, a reception was held at the groom’s home.
Upon their return from a wedding trip they will be at home to their friends at 4540 North 29th St., Milwaukee, Wis.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs