BioM: Folstad, Dena (1944)
Surnames: JACOBSON FOLSTAD WOLD SATHER
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 01/27/1944
Folstad, Dena (22 JAN 1944)
A very pretty wedding was solemnized at Our Saviors Lutheran Church at Stanley on Saturday, Jan, 22, 1944, when Miss Dena Folstad, daughter of Mrs. Ingebor Folstad of Stanley, became the bride of Wilson Jacobson of Ypsilanti, Mich., son of Mrs. Nellie Jacobson of Edmund, Wis. Rev. J.N. Midtlein officiated.
Mrs. Rueben Kolk of Stanley officiated at the pipe organ, playing the wedding march and soft music during the ceremony.
The bride was attired in a street length light blue silk crepe gown with brown accessories and a corsage of gardenias. She was attended by her cousin Emma Wold who wore a tan suit with green accessories and a corsage of rosebuds and sweet peas. The groom wore a brown suit with a boutonniere of white carnations and was attended by Alfred Sather, half-brother of the bride, who wore a blue suit with a carnation boutonniere.
The bride’s mother wore a marine blue gown with a corsage of gardenias.
A buffet luncheon was held in the church parlors following the ceremony for about 40 relatives and friends. A beautiful three tiered wedding cake was the centerpiece. A reception followed. The cake was baked by Mrs. E. Solie of Stanley.
The bride is a graduate of the Stanley High School with the class of 1932 and Mr. Jacobson will be remembered here (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) as he was a barber at the John Meng shop several years ago.
The young couple left Saturday evening on a wedding trip to the southern part of the state and will be at home after Feb. 1st in Ypsilanti, Mich., where the groom is employed in a defense plant.
The Gleaner joins their many local friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for many years of happy married life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs