BioM: Gow, Ruth #2 (1944)
Surnames: BLECHA GOW TOWNSEND LEXOW COLE FENN WRIGHT
----Sources: Greenwood Gleaner (Greenwood, Clark Co., Wis.) 12/20/1944
Gow, Ruth #2 (14 SEP 1944)
White Gladioli and mums adorned the altar of the Church of ascension Sept. 14, 1944, during the wedding of Ruth Gow, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. George Gow, 1248 Lewerenz Avenue, Detroit, Mich., to Lt. Lynn Blecha of Mendota Avenue, now stationed at Louisville, Ky.
Ellouise Lynn sang, "The Lordís Prayer" and "Because" while the bride was given in marriage by her father. The Rev. R.C. Ostroth of the Waterman Evangelical Church officiated.
A white brocaded faille gown was chosen by the bride, a fingertip veil topped a net calot. A white, fuchi-tipped orchid surrounded by white stephanotis made up her bridal bouquet. The maid of honor, Dolores Gow, sister of the bride, and the bridesmaids, Elmira Blecha, sister of the groom, Doris Townsend, Phyllis Lexow and Mary Cole, wore gray marquisette gowns with a silver sequined bodice and caps of silver sequins to match. They carried fuchi gladioli flowerettes. Mrs. George Gow, mother of the bride, wore a blue dinner gown with an American rose corsage.
Wayne Gow, brother of the bride, was best man with Robert Fenn, and Sam Wright was an attendant.
Approximately 160 guests attended the reception immediately following the ceremony, in which Lola Hubbard and Leonard Ridgway acted as master and mistress of ceremonies.
The out of town guests were: Mrs. Vollrath of Ann Arbor, Mrs. Metcalf and Bernice Vollrath of Greenwood, and Mrs. R.L. Hershey of Woodberry, N.J.
The bride and groom spent a short honeymoon in Chicago, and will reside in Louisville, Ky., where Lt. Blecha is stationed.
The Gleaner joins their many friends in extending congratulations and best wishes for many years of happy wedded life.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs