BioM: Hed, Agnes Josephine (1941)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Hed, Olson, Holt, Lewernz
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 19 June 1941
Hed, Agnes Josephine (Marriage - 15 June 1941)
Miss Agnes Josephine Hed of Crandon, Wis., became the bride of Kenneth Arne Olson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Oluf Olson, of Neillsville at 2 p.m. Sunday, June 15th. The ceremony was performed by Rev. A. Olson of Rhinelander at the home of the bride’s parents, Mr. and Mrs. A. J. Hed. Only the immediate relatives and friends were present.
The bride was dressed in white velvety, beautifully styled, with a long train. Her short veil hung from a coronet headdress. She carried a bouquet of roses and mixed flowers. Her maid of honor, Miss Louise Hed, wore a floor-length gown of rose pink velvety. Her bouquet also was made up of roses and mixed flowers. The train bearers, Mary Ellen and Shirley Holt, nieces of the groom, were daintily dressed in blue and yellow dimity. The bridal party marched down the stairs to the strains of a wedding march, played by Arnold Lewerenz of Neillsville, and took their places before a flower banked altar in a large window in the living room. Mr. Lewerenz also sang, "Because," accompanied on the piano by Jane Hoffman, preceding the ceremony.
Following the rites, there was a reception and a wedding supper which was attended by 31 guests. The home was decorated with roses, peonies and iris.
The couple left on a four or five days honeymoon trip to northern Wisconsin before returning to Neillsville where they will be at home after June 23rd.
Mrs. Olson was graduated from the Crandon High School in 1932 and from Stout Institute, Menomonie, in 1938. For the past three years she has been connected with the home Economics division of the Neillsville High School. She is a most capable young woman, skillful in the home arts. Her pleasing personality has won for her a large circle of friends not only among her students, but throughout the community.
Mr. Olson was graduated from the high school in Neillsville in 1932, and from the Stevens Point *Rest cut off.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.