Obit: Wiesner, Edward Gottfried
(1885 - 1941)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Wiesner, Blaufuss, Thiede, Keuer, Gamache, Krause, Dom?ay, Seif, Gerbert, Frantz, Zalabsky
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 30 Oct. 1941
Wiesner, Edward Gottfried (24 Dec. 1885 - 23 Oct. 1941)
Edward Gottfried Wiesner, a lifelong resident of the town of Lynn, died at St. Joseph’s hospital on Thursday, October 23, at ten p.m. after an illness, with cerebral hemorrhage of two weeks durations the last two days preceding his death.
Funeral services were held at two p.m. Sunday at the Gilbertson Funeral Home in Granton. Rev. E. F. Blaufuss, Stratford, officiating. Burial was made at the Windfall Cemetery.
Mr. Wiesner was born Dec. 24, 1885, son of Charles and Bertha Wiesner. He was married to Miss Ida Thiede on June 2, 1909, in the town of Grant. For the past 30 years he had lived on his farm in the Town of Lynn and also did trucking. He was a kind and sympathetic neighbor, honest and upright in all of his dealings. His wife preceded him in death on June 1, 1938. He is survived by his aged mother, Mrs. Bertha Wiesner, Granton; a brother, Louis, Lynn; two sisters, Mrs. Ernest (Laura) Keuer; Lynn, and Mrs. William (Ottelia) Gamache, Oshkosh; an adopted daughter, Mrs. Reinhold (Iva) Krause, Marshfield, and a foster daughter, Miss Frances Dom??ay, San Francisco, Calif., and many other relatives.
The pallbearers were Fred and Charles Seif, Alfred and Leland Gerber, George and Robert Franz. The flower girls were: Elaine Krause, Vivian Gerber and Arlene and Esther Keuer.
Among those who attended the rites from away were: George Frantz, Fennimore; George Wienser, Augusta; Mr. and Mrs. William Gamache, Oshkosh; Mr. and Mrs. Jerry Zalabsky, Pittsville, and many relatives from Neillsville, Globe and Marshfield.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs