BioM: Patey, Philippa (1941)
Contact: Crystal Wendt
Surnames: Patey, Burckett, Seaman, Perkins
----Sources: Clark County Press (Neillsville, Clark County, Wis.) Thurs., 27 Nov. 1941
Patey, Philippa (Marriage - 14 Nov. 1941)
Miss Philippa Charles Patey of Newtonville, Mass., and Douglas Mellen Burckett of Boston were married at a candlelight service in the chancel of the Congregational church of Newtonville on Friday evening, Nov. 14. The Rev. Randolph Seaman Merrill officiated.
The bride was attired in a gown of white faille with a short train and a finger-tip veil. She carried a bouquet of white pompons and blue delphinium. Miss Barbara Lorraine Patey, a senior at Mount Holyoke College, was her sisters’ only attendant. Miss Patey was attired in a gown of shell pink faille and wine colored velvet. She carried deep pink gladioli. Henry J. Perkins of Salem was best man.
Richard L. and Robert T. Patey, Newtonville, and Robert Brant of Waban were ushers at the church and at the reception which was held at the Woodland Golf club, Auburndale.
Mrs. Burckett is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. H. Philipp Patey of 57 Grove Hill Ave., Newtonville, and a niece of S. G. Patey of this city. She was graduated from the University of Wisconsin after three years at Mount Holyoke college. Her husband is a graduate of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and an electrical engineer with the Boston and Maine Railroad.
Both young people are ardent skiers and participate in many outdoor sports. Mr. Burckett is first vice-president of the United States Eastern Amateur Ski association and is particularly active in Red Cross first aid instruction in the air raid precaution work.
After a wedding trip to Asheville, the Great Smokers and New Orleans, the couple will be at home after December 15, at Linnaean Street, Cambridge, Mass.
© Every submission is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998.
Show your appreciation of this freely provided information by not copying it to any other site without our permission.
A site created and
maintained by the Clark County History Buffs